Sunday, March 4, 2012

Update...

Why does time fly?? I swear before I know it I am going to be 65 years old knitting a sweater (well probably not knitting since I have never enjoyed it). Since I had last written a lot has happened. Colton turned the big 2!! I swear people always say "oh, the terrible 2's..." I am here to tell you that I think it should be terrible 3's and at the rate I am going with Colton I am going to have a full head of gray hair by the time we hit the 3's. Colton can be the sweetest, caring and funniest kid around. He constantly uses his manners, the saying "tant you mommy" often comes from his mouth. He folds his hands to pray at dinner and bed time and makes sure his bubba is okay if he falls. On the other hand Colton can be a HOLY TERROR (maybe a tad bit of an exaggeration)...he is very strong willed, demanding and fiesty....oh wait did I just describe myself here?? Yes, I admit that side of Colton is totally from me. It's funny how 2 children from the same parents can be so different. I am sure I am going to be saying this exact same thing when they are teenagers. I swear that teenagers and toddlers have a lot in common.
Rick started college online. He is so pumped about finally getting his degree! He is going to get a B.A. in Criminal Justice (fitting I know). I am often his proofreader for this essays and I have to say he is doing a pretty great job so far.
Jackson just started his 6th season of soccer. He is quite the soccer stud, but I am not shocked with the family of athletes he comes from. I can't believe that he is less than 6 months away from starting Kindergarten. Jackson is such a sweet, carefree and funny kid. I just love watching him grow into such a little man. He has quite the little heart for Christ, I love hearing his prayers and his faith blossom.
Recently, I attended a wonderful women's retreat. It was great to learn more about myself and why I am the way I am (read Getting the Love You Need by Harville Hendrix). I am lucky to be married to such a God fearing man that we can grow in Christ together. I have also been offered a new job opportunity at a private school in town more. There are such pro's and con's to each of the positions (the one I am currently at and the one I am being offered) its really been weighing on me as to which choice I should make. I truly want what is best for my family all around but I have faith that God will help me which ever path I choose. If you have a moment, you could say a little prayer for me and my choice that I pick the better path!

No comments:

~ a window into our lives ~ Copyright © 2009
Scrapbook Mania theme designed by Simply WP and Free Bingo
Converted by Ipietoon Template